Gray Research tonearm clones

MisterDK

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Is anyone using one of the Karmadon, Gray Research clones ?

If yes, how do you like it?

Is anyone using one of the Karmadon, Gray Research clones ?

If yes, how do you like it?
mono-2.jpg

I started using the Velvet Touch 9" clone decades ago when I got interested in period monaural playback.

P58HSV16.jpg

Then, I found a transcription length Calrad SV16, mounted on a NEAT P58H

GrayHF500bw.jpg

Eventually I acquired a Gray Research capstan drive turntable with the 108 tonearm

I enjoy using these tonearms with the GE RPX, VRII and the Denon DL102 via my mono rig.

DSC04983.jpg
But when the mood strikes they also sound fine in stereo, like the Shure M7D above.

BTW, here's a tip - the Karmadon head shell slides for the Karmadon clone and original Gray Research 108 also work with the Japanese clones.
DSC06534.jpg

Musicmaster Model 12 + Karmadon head shell slide + GE VRII

I have a modern Karmadon 12" arm coming; can't wait! I sent Serge an email asking about the differences in sound between his replica and his modern arms. I'm currently intrigued with these arms, and this one will go on one of my 2 soon to be 3 Lencos, and my 2 Russco Studio Pros.....Fun Stuff! Anyone here can compare the Karmadon modern arm to his replica or the originals? My other arms in the mix are the Micro Trak 303 (want a 306), AT 1501 III, Moerch DP-6 12", Rega 250 Origin Live, and the Syntec. All great arms.

Steve T

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom